1.3.05

Best quote of today...

Caught this one over at Daily Kos, and I nearly fell off the couch when I read it.


"Bush, so incompetent, he can't even do the wrong things right."



The article I was reading was about how the US Secretary of State is "snubbing" Canada by delaying a scheduled meeting in April with the Canadian government. The perceived snub is apparently because of Canada's refusal to participate in the ridiculous Ballistic Missile Defense program. "If you're not going to do what we tell you, we're just not going to talk to you! So there!" Childish much?

This is the program that has been completely unsuccessful, and has only managed to even get the countermeasures off the ground in 5 out of 9 tests. The administration doesn't even realise that the system isn't going to do any good... I'm sure they remember Sept. 11, 2001 (seeing as they bring it up at every opportunity)? I don't think nuclear missiles are the problem they should be worrying about... perhaps foreign diplomacy? Or would that be too easy?

For a change, I'm actually proud of our government for not bowing down to an increasingly frightening administration south of the border.

No comments: