22.3.05

GordNet Radio

The other night I was fiddling with Winamp, and wanted to be able to listen to the music that was playing on my computer on the main floor while I was in the basement, and happened upon a plugin for Winamp, which allowed me to retransmit whatever was playing in Winamp onto a network or the Web.

I tried it out on my network and had it up and running within 5 minutes... very impressive! So, later that night I tried slipping it through my router so that I might share what I'm listening to with whoever wants to hear it. Thus, GordNet Radio was born. It won't be a 24/7 stream (yet?), but whenever I'm on the computer (which is far too much of the time), I'll probably have it running (as long as it doesn't interfere with my other programs).

If you want to listen in, you can check the status here (if no page comes up the server isn't currently running) then you can play the stream in Winamp by going to Add -> Add URL and pasting
http://gord.is-a-geek.net:9000
into the bar and hitting add. I hope some of you at least give 'er a try... there's quite a variety of music on my computer these days, so there's bound to be something for everyone. Enjoy! :)

No comments: