25.3.05

Molitor Gets Life for Killing Jessica Nethery

From the London Free Press:

Molitor -- convicted in the vicious stabbing death of ex-girlfriend Jessica Nethery -- yesterday apologized to her relatives, his own family and all of Sarnia before being sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 14 years.

Deducted from that are the three years he's already spent in custody, meaning he will become eligible in 2016.

That's a start, but I think he should never be allowed parole. Frankly, I hope he screws up in jail and has his parole chances revoked altogether. Feh. I'm trying to think how I, or Jessica's family could ever forgive this monster, but I can't right now. This boy is dangerous, and by 2016, I might have children of my own. I don't want them to have to live in fear of any murderers who have been released from prison. Prison isn't really a punishment for the offender, in actuality it's there to keep the rest of us safe from them and releasing him (and someone like Karla Homolka) is probably the worst thing we can do. Our justice system needs a lot of work to make sure these kind of sentences don't happen anymore.

No comments: