11.2.05

Ok, seriously...

Who does the MPAA think they are? They just shut down LokiTorrent - the best BitTorrent site that was left. Do they not understand that they aren't losing money from having people download movies? Stealing would require people to be taking property. I'm sorry, but digital bits don't cost anything to make, nor do they cost anything to download. The problem with their claim is that they are no worse off after someone downloads a movie on the Internet. You might be able to say that they're not getting the money that they would get if I were to buy / rent the film, but that's a big assumption. I don't buy many movies to start with, in fact I've actually started bought more movies since I started downloading since I was able to decide if they were worthwhile to own or not... maybe now I'll just boycott them altogether and buy only used movies at the pawn shop. Perhaps Hollywood will stop putting out the same old garbage that has been coming out for the last few years so people will actually want to buy their movies. I have no problems with paying for something that I think is worthwhile, but I'm not going to pay for crap - I do that enough with my insurance company!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Preach it, brother!